Government regulations and new technology have created new challenges for realtors, but also new opportunities. Real estate agents just entering the industry are getting their start at a pivotal moment. To help you begin with the right foot forward, we’ve put together a list of pro tips that we’ve learned from working with realtors across Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington D.C. since 1994.
Be a Student
Always assume there’s more to learn—because there is. The most successful realtors are those who are never comfortable, never satisfied, and never complacent. Take part in events and seminars whenever possible, both as a speaker and an attendee.
Develop and Stick to a Marketing Plan
Every realtor will have a different marketing plan. The five steps below will get you started.
- Schedule weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual goals to keep your marketing efforts focused and goal-oriented.
- Stay fresh on all your social media platforms, regularly updating skills and customer testimonials and posting engaging content.
- Participate in the wider world of real estate via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp. The more title agencies, lenders, and consumers you engage with, the greater your digital presence will be.
- Update your mailing list for deliverability so important announcements don’t end up in recipients’ spam folders.
- Attract your online readership with exciting, and useful content on your company blog.
Immerse Yourself in Digital
In today’s real estate market, realtors have a huge number of tools to choose from.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Keep in touch with customers—past and present—with a CRM system. Newsletters and email campaigns are essential for garnering leads.
- To speed up closings, utilize a cloud-based platform to ease access to essential closing documents.
Don’t shy away from the digital revolution! Leveraging the best and latest technology is a great way to set yourself apart from more experienced, better-known agencies and realtors.
Take Advantage of Analytics
With a huge portion of commerce moving online, businesses of all types have access to an unprecedented amount of data. If you’re not measuring the effectiveness of your marketing and advertising efforts with analytics, there’s no way to determine what’s working and what’s not. Improvement can only be achieved when you set goals and actively and objectively measure your progress.
Partnering with Lakeside Title
Lakeside Title is a title company that serves developers, lenders, and realtors in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington D.C. We provide title insurance and a variety of ancillary services for residential closings, new construction, short sales, and commercial enterprises. For more information, please visit our homepage.